Dear Crossroads Church family,
These truly are unprecedented, unnerving and unpredictable times. COVID-19 has brought
most of our church activities to a temporary halt. Yet even still, we rejoice in this Truth that
our awesome God still sits on His throne and He is in control of all matters. As I said Sunday
morning, we may not know what the future holds, but we know Who holds the future – and
He is faithful and good in all His ways.
“Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your
heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?”
After speaking with other church leaders, here are our plans moving forward.
- The church building/facility will remain closed through March 29, 2020. The company contracted to clean the church is taking additional cleaning and sanitizing steps to minimize the risk of lingering germs and infestation during this down period.
- Per the request of our political and spiritual leaders, and as we strive to care for one another and our neighbors, there will be no corporate worship gatherings on Sunday mornings for at least the next couple of weeks (March 22 and March 29, 2020). Instead, we will be offering our Sunday morning worship services via YouTube Live to any and all who would like to join us in worship (expect details and instructions soon if you do not know how to pull up our live worship services on your different electronic devices on YouTube Live in the convenience and safety of your own homes). I plan to be preaching and our Praise Band will be leading in worship – so expect much of the same Crossroads feel and flavor…
- For those asking about how to faithfully continue to give of your tithes and offerings during this time, we recommend several options be considered. (All checks are to be made out to Crossroads Baptist Church.)
* You can set up “Bill Pay” through your local bank and have them
automatically send your weekly offering to the church address (Lisa and I
plan to use this method).
*You can mail your tithes and offerings to the church.
For both of the above options, please send to:
Crossroads Baptist Church
130 Conway Black Road
Spartanburg, SC 29307
* You can come by the church and drop off your giving on Thursdays from 7am
to 1pm. Someone will walk out to your car or meet you at the door for you to
place your tithes and offering in a basket.
– No church activities (Wednesday evening Bible studies, Archery, Card Ministry,
Prayer Group, DGroups, LifeGroups, etc.) on the church campus through at least
March 29, 2020.
– An electronic version of the Compass will be coming out today with more
details about other events and changes as we adapt to these trying times.
– Church communications will continue through other venues such as GroupMe, texts,
emails, the website (www.crossroadsbaptist.org), YouTube Live, etc. You can also
call the church at (864) 579-3120 – staff calls will be forwarded to their mobile
– The Prayer Team at Crossroads is still ACTIVE and will continue to pray for all
requests that come to the team. Call our church office to notify us of any prayer needs.
Hopefully – prayerfully – we can all be together soon. But as we wait, this we know… God
has always been faithful, God is even now displaying His faithful love, and God will always be
faithful – and He will surely take care of us all.
This too shall pass soon. The Bible proclaims:
“For our momentary light affliction is producing for us an absolutely incomparable eternal
weight of glory. So we do not focus on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is
seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.” 2 Corinthians 4:17–18
May we – the church – be the church for the glory of God – for such a time as this (Esther
4:14). Love you all…
Jesus is Lord – and He alone commands our destiny…
March 19, 2020