CROSSROADS BAPTIST CHURCH (CBC)
Purpose: The person in this job will have a heart and calling for ministry, be sensitive to the needs of others, take initiative in providing administrative support to the Senior Pastor and Staff, and in performing all office tasks of the church.
Scope of Duties: The duties for this part-time hourly job are to assist the Senior Pastor, Staff, and leader groups for all administrative, ministry, and clerical tasks including secretarial, receptionist, copying, communications, form development, following policy and procedures, preparing, and gathering reports and working in the parameters of the church software.
Administration and Coordination – Manage the general duties of the day-to-day office with complete knowledge of church activities and operations.
– Work in the church office during assigned hours to greet visitors, answer phones, take messages and deliver them promptly, and assist the church staff. Perform general office duties, order supplies, handle mail, file, and run errands. Schedule use of the church facilities and rooms and inform the person who opens and closes the church of scheduled use of the Facility.
– Become knowledgeable of the church communication system to be more proficient with the capabilities of the system to make reporting of members/attendees, groups etc. easier for the staff and ministry groups.
– Enter due dates for facility inspections, etc. required by law and remind church leaders of the due dates. Post Labor Law and other posters required by law. Give a new employee the Employee Handbook and have them complete, I9, W4, and other forms required by Federal and SC law and handle accordingly. Perform Background Checks.
– Provide copies of the church Policy and Procedures to the church ministries and support teams to follow.
Executive Assistant for the Senior Pastor and Staff – Perform a variety of tasks, planning, scheduling, and special projects at a high confidential level and know their needs and schedules.
– Attend staff and other meetings as required by the Senior Pastor. Follow up with the agenda of the meeting to remind attendees of tasks and to be sure tasks are completed.
– Assist the Senior Pastor and Staff with correspondence, tasks, upcoming events, and deadlines including sending reminders of these occurrences as well as any appointments they have posted on the church calendar.
Ministry Coordinator – Provide information to the Senior Pastor, Staff, Group Leaders, and others to help them better minister to the Church Family.
– Keep the Senior Pastor and Staff informed of births, deaths, illnesses, staff hire dates, and other life events among church members as required.
– Assist the Executive Pastor, Finance Director, Trustees and Deacons with tasks, correspondence, and inform of upcoming deadlines.
– Assist ministry and support groups by sending reminders to the church family who are scheduled to serve on specific dates.
– Coordinate and/or prepare certificates/other handouts, notifications for Baptism services, the Lord’s Supper, Baby Dedications, Pastor/Deacon Ordinations, and any other special services as needed
– Send out the church-wide prayer list and assist in sending out other communications in the event the Communications Director is not able to do so.
– Work with the Bereavement Ministry Leader to verify that contact has been made with the family. Send a donation from the church for Gideon Bibles in memory of the deceased and notify the family of the donation.
– Request and send church letters and complete reports when requested from ministry groups such as the Baptist Network, Baptist Convention, or other.
Finance and Stewardship – Provide tasks that support the Stewardship Program of the church.
– Gather Financial, Budget, and attendance reports to give to the Staff and Ministry Leaders for review.
– Under the direction of the Finance Director, pay and record church Accounts Payable invoices and expenses, prepare payroll tax reports and file with appropriate agencies. Write checks for wages and expenses (travel, car, phone, and other expenses) and post to the financial system.
– Enter deposits and expenses paid into the appropriate financial books as required by the Financial Director. Send out annual contribution notices to church members.
– A born-again Christian who feels led to work with ministries of the church in an administrative capacity.
– A member of Crossroads Baptist Church or is willing to become a member.
– Abides by spiritual qualifications in 1Timothy 3 and Titus 1 with a faithful attitude and a heart for ministry.
– Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal skills with the ability to welcome diverse personalities and make them feel comfortable.
– Able to take instructions, the initiative to carry them out, and willing to do what is needed to fulfill the duties.
– Considers confidentiality essential.
– Skilled in Microsoft Office/365/Edge, Excel, WORD, Quick Books or other bookkeeping software, Church software and website, and digital/electronic resources. Able to operate general office equipment.
– An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is preferred with at least 5 years of equivalent experience. May consider a highly qualified person with a High School diploma with at least 5 years of experience as an Office Assistant or equivalent experience.
Hours: 16 to start then increasing to 20-25 hours per week on the church campus as the job expands.
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Salary: To be determined based on experience, the church budget, and church requirements at the time of hiring.
Specific titles, or groups or events mentioned above may need to be changed from time to time to meet the needs of the Senior Pastor and the church.
Crossroads Baptist Church is an ‘at will’ employer
Please send your resume to email@example.com